Utility searches from the experts…
We provide a cost effective service for anyone needing to locate buried utilities such as electricity cables, gas pipes, water mains, sewers etc. This may be necessary at the acquisition, feasibility, design or construction phase of a project…
We collate information from all the relevant utility companies on your behalf and compile a pack of information and plans for each site.
With our utility searches you will enjoy:
- Free 24/7 instant quotes
- 24/7 online ordering
- UK’s most comprehensive online utilities search
- Fast response times
- Professional pdf search reports
- 30-day payments on account
- Free telephone support
- Prices from £58+vat
Our fee for this starts at £58.00 + VAT + disbursements per utility – we will confirm the cost with you by email before proceeding.
The disbursements per search are typically £30 – £270 in total depending on the site location and your search requirements – the actual costs will be confirmed to you by email as soon as we process the enquiry.
Searches over a large area (typically more than 200m x 200m) are not covered by our basic charge – we will confirm costs for these with you prior to proceeding with any searches.
How it works
We offer a full online solution that will take you less than 5 minutes to request a utility search.
Simply register/login and provide the following information to place an order or receive a FREE quotation.
The website will allow you to draw a site boundary using Googlemaps
- The website will allow you to double check you have the right location using Streetmap.
- You have the option to attach a plan showing the marked area you wish to search.
Choose the search options you wish
- Our basic search includes issuing plans as hard copies and .pdf files and this search covers gas, electric, water, sewer, BT and oil/gas pipelines.
- There are further options for a more comprehensive search including searches for IU’s (Independent Utilities) and cable/fibre companies
- We also offer a FREE search to determine whether your site may be affected by historical mine workings. If it is, you will have the opportunity to purchase a Consultant’s report produced by the Coal Authority. Find out more about the FREE search here.
- You can also opt for a tailor-made search.
- We also offer additional services such as utility connections quotes, disconnections/diversions quotes, capacity checks and Section 50 applications that you may wish to add to your order.
- There are various help and information pages on the website form to explain the search options available.
Choose your payment options
- Payment options are credit and debit card as well as 30 day “on account” payments.
- By completing and submitting the website form, you will be provided with an estimated price on screen and the confirmed price will be emailed to you within 30 minutes.
- If you have requested a quote only, we will wait for your approval before proceeding. On approval, we commence your search the very same working day.
PAS 128 is the current specification for underground utility detection, verification and location, a collaboration between British Standards Institution (BSI) and Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE). The PAS 128 standard requires accurate, quality underground utility information to be recorded to a consistent standard, removing the element of uncertainty, interpretation and resultant variable risk when users refer to the utility search reports.
Utility searches are essential before any construction work begins, and being able to refer to accurate, trust-worthy reports when digging is crucial for maintaining the health & safety of workers and anyone nearby. By meeting the PAS 128 standard, utility searches can minimise costly delays, dangerous accidents and general disruptions to the project.
PAS 128 essentially assures a level of quality and accuracy, providing project managers and contractors with the information they need to complete work safely and efficiently.
There are 4 different PAS 128 survey categories:
- PAS 128 Survey Category Type D
- PAS 128 Survey Category Type C
- PAS 128 Survey Category Type B
- PAS 128 Survey Category Type A
To learn more about the specifics, please visit the PAS 128 website here.