Terms & Conditions
By submitting an order you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions which govern the basis on which our service and utility search report is supplied.
'CP Ltd' means Cornerstone Projects Ltd, company registration number 5132353, who are registered at 91 Market Street, Hoylake CH47 5AA
'Utility Company' means any utility company which provides asset plans to CP Ltd.
'Utility Search Report' means the collation and issue of one or more utility asset plans by CP Ltd to cover the site location provided by the Customer. It is usually provided electronically as a pdf document containing the original utility plans as supplied by the Utility Companies.
'Customer' means the person, organisation or company who is submitting the order, either for their use or to supply the information to a further End User.
'End User' means the person, organisation or company who is the intended recipient of the Utility Search Report.
1. Payment is due strictly 30 days from date of invoice for all account customers unless otherwise agreed by CP Ltd. If payment is not received within agreed timescales CP Ltd reserve the right to take further action to recover monies owed which may include instructing a debt collection agency; any costs so incurred may be added to the outstanding account.
2. CP Ltd supply the utility search report subject to the following limitations:
a) The Utility Search Report is provided for guidance and feasibility only. It is not intended to be used for excavation without further safe digging practices as recommended in HSE HS(G) 47 and BSI PAS 128:2014. It is also not intended to provide details as to the suitability or size of any utility for a proposed development or other purpose. The actual type, location, status, presence or absence of all utility apparatus must be determined and confirmed on site using the procedure detailed in HSE HS(G) 47 and BSI PAS 128:2014. On site surveys such as GPR and EML surveys, trial holes and hand digging should be used as appropriate.
b) CP Ltd are not liable for any omissions from, accuracy of, or errors within any of the plans or other information provided within the Utility Search Report.
c) The Utility Search Report is provided for operational purposes only and the copyright for all plans and information remains at the original provider’s discretion.
d) The Utility Search Report may not be assigned to any third party without written agreement from CP Ltd.
e) Any disclaimers contained within the Utility Search Report should be considered prior to any excavation or other interpretation of the data.
f) The information contained within the Utility Search Report is not guaranteed to be complete or up to date due to the continual development of utility networks and the time taken to update records of the same. In any case the plans within the Utility Search Report shall be considered to be invalid after three months from the date of issue or unless noted otherwise by the relevant Utility Company.
g) Whilst CP Ltd will attempt to ensure that all relevant utility companies are contacted if requested we cannot guarantee that we search all utility companies as there may be local companies that have underground plant that we are unaware of. There may also be redundant assets at the site location.
Where the Customer is acting for an End User the Customer is responsible for ensuring that the End User is aware of these terms.
3. Where the Utility Search Report contains plans or other information provided by Scottish Water Horizons (SWH) or Scottish Water (SW) the following further conditions apply:
a) SWH/SW do not warrant the accuracy of the data or its fitness for the Customer or End Users purpose.
b) SWH/SW will not accept any liability due to any loss, damage, injury or any other occurrence arising from the Customer or End User’s use of the Utility Search Report.
c) SWH/SW do not guarantee the information contained within the Utility Search Report to be complete or up to date due to the continual development of utility networks and the time taken to update records of the same.
4. Amendments or corrections to site details cannot be made once the Customer has received an enquiry confirmation email from CP Ltd and all such erroneous enquiries will be chargeable at CP Ltd’s usual rates.
5. Should the Customer opt to pay by debit or credit card CP Ltd will not process the order until payment has been received. Once CP Ltd have received payment the order will be processed immediately and no refund of the card payment can be made after this time.
6. Utility Search Reports will not be issued unless a relevant purchase order number has been received by CP Ltd or payment has been made by credit / debit card.
7. CP Ltd are not liable for Utility Search Reports issued to Customers that are lost in the post - as standard CP Ltd will scan and email plans so should completed hardcopy Utility Search Reports get lost in the post further scanned copy can be supplied if required.
8. CP Ltd may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. The Customer should review these terms regularly to review any changes which may have been made. The Customer agrees that any order submitted after changes have been made are bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
9. CP Ltd services are provided without any kind of warranty to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Under no circumstances will CP Ltd be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of www.cornerstoneprojects.co.uk regardless of the form of action.
10. If utility information from the Utility Companies is transferred to Autocad files, CP Ltd accepts no responsibility for any omissions from or inaccuracies within these files or any discrepancies between them and original utility records. The pdf files / hard copies of the Utility Search Report supplied to the Customer shall remain the definitive record of information received by CP Ltd from the Utility Companies. The location of all underground utility plant and apparatus shown on any Autocad drawing is based on the original utility plans contained within the Utility Search Report which must be referred to prior to any work. The Autocad drawing is intended to be indicative only and must not be relied on to provide confirmation of the type, location, status, presence or absence of any utility apparatus. Further guidance notes and individual utility information not shown on this drawing will also be contained within the Utility Search Report.
11. By registering on the CP Ltd web site the Customer gives CP Ltd permission to hold the contact or other data provided and to contact the Customer from time to time regarding operational matters or anything else that CP Ltd feel may be of interest. The Customer may opt out of such contact at any time by emailing CP Ltd or unsubscribing from emails. The data will not be shared with any other company or individual.
12. Utility connections to individual properties / buildings are often not shown on the utility plans but it should be assumed that such live utility connections exist. Connections to street lighting and other road furniture / signage may also not be shown but should be considered to exist until proven otherwise.