Customer Privacy & Cookies Notice – Updated 10-05-18
Cornerstone Projects Ltd are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR). Looking after the information you share with us is important, and we want you to be confident that we keep and use your data safely and securely. Cornerstone Projects Ltd may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. The Customer should review these terms regularly to review any changes which may have been made. The Customer agrees that any order submitted after changes have been made are bound by these terms as updated and/or amended. Cornerstone Projects Ltd will be known as the ‘Data Controller’ of data you provide to us. By Data Controller means that Cornerstone Projects Ltd determines the purposes and way in which any data is, or will be, processed.
What information do we collect when you register?
When you order utility searches or associated services from us, you are entering into a contract with us. You will need to set up an account before ordering from us which requires you to provide information such as:
- company and contact name
- company address
- contact telephone and email details
- accounts contact details
How do we use your information?
GDPR allows us to use and share your data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract – your account information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. to provide utility searches
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. for storing your contact details
- Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of Cornerstone Projects Ltd in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to provide newsletters and other information that may be of use to you in the course of your business
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. if requested by the HSE
The following is a list of the ways that we may use your information, and which of the reasons described above we rely on to do so. Where we list legitimate interests as a reason, we also describe below what we believe these legitimate interests are.
|What we use your information for||Legal Reasons||Legitimate Interests|
|Set up your Cornerstone Projects Ltd account||Legitimate interests||Process utility search orders and quotes or associated services|
|Process orders||Fulfilling a contract||N/A|
|Notify you of your order status||Legitimate interests||Process utility search orders and quotes or associated services|
|Manage your account / provide customer services||Legitimate interests||Keeping our records up to date, handling our customer contact efficiently and effectively, working out which of our products and services may interest you and telling you about them|
|Undertake website personalisation and administration||Legitimate interests||Developing products, services, applications and designs that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites. Defining types of customers for new products or services|
|Marketing communications to inform you of special offers, promotions, new lines and Sales. Provide you with online advertising||Legitimate interests||Developing products, services, applications and designs that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites.|
|Notifying you about enhancements to our services, such as changes to the website and new services that may be of interest to you.||Legitimate interests||Developing products, services, applications and designs that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites.|
|Contact you to undertake customer satisfaction surveys, invite you to provide product reviews or for market research||Legitimate interests||Developing products, services, applications and designs that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites.|
|Maintaining network and data security||Legitimate interests||To maintain the security of our network this in turns helps us to maintain the safety and confidentiality of your information|
Who we share your information with and why
Cornerstone Projects Ltd works with statutory bodies such as local authorities and utility owners / providers in order to provide you with the high quality service you expect from us.
Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
- Local authorities – we may need to provide your information to these to enable us to fulfil your order / quote requirements
- Utility companies – we may need to provide your information to these to enable us to fulfil your order / quote requirements
- Delivery Partners – sometimes for you to receive your utility searches hard copies Cornerstone Projects Ltd will use mail or courier services
- IT Companies – Cornerstone Projects Ltd works with business who support our website and other business systems.
- Marketing Companies – we work with marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you or carry out surveys.
- Debt recovery agencies – we may if required use debt collections agencies to recover monies owed
Transfers to third countries
Some of the information you provide to us may be held outside the European Economic Area. This is a transfer to a “third country”. For example Cornerstone Projects Ltd has cloud backup systems which may hold data outside of the EEC.
Keeping in touch with you
We want to keep you up to date with information about new products, services and offers and improvements to our website. These will be by email or via our website and you can opt out at any time using the links provided.
How long we keep your information
When you register on our website and provide information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your information for at least 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under ‘How we use your information’ above. The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your information, in which case we will retain your information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
What are your rights
You are entitled to request the following from Cornerstone Projects Ltd, these are called your Data Subject Rights:
- Right of access –to request access to your information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your information erased.
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact Cornerstone Projects Ltd via www.cornerstoneprojects.co.uk
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk. Where your information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with GDPR, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
This notice is designed to help you understand what cookies are and how Cornerstone Projects Ltd uses them.
The cookies we use fall into four broad types:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website.
In order to keep the Site, its services and products relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use our Site.
Details of Third Party Cookies
Cornerstone Projects Ltd allows selected Third Parties who participate with us in marketing programs to place cookies when you visit our site.
For details of the Third Party cookies we use please see the table below. Cornerstone Projects Ltd is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of Third Parties or other websites, and we suggest that you check these yourself.
The following Cookies are all used for Analytical and Targeting purposes:
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Analytics
Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here.
Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings
Should you need to contact us please visit www.cornerstoneprojects.co.uk and follow the ‘Contact Us’ links.