Underground Utility Plans for Highways Contractors
With over 245,000 miles of road in Great Britain, there’s a fair bit of repair, replacement and updating throughout the road network. As well as carriageway maintenance and construction many excavations are required for the installation of signage, lampposts and other street furniture. Each and every time this happens, any contractor must obtain the underground utility plans before any excavations can start.
Cornerstone Projects have worked on highways projects since 2007 and are well versed in coping with the specific needs and requirements of highways works.
Not all Highways contractors are geared up to administrate the plans internally so they call upon Cornerstone to take care of this. Outsourcing can improve cost efficiencies, speed up the completion of utility reports, improve the quality of their searches and free their staff up to focus on higher value jobs.
How Cornerstone Can Help
- Cornerstone supply a full C2 utility search cover the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive.
- Generally, searches are complete within 10-12 working days.
- Completed searches are presented in a simple to read and accessible .pdf format.
- No obligation quotes are available instantly on-line and confirmed back via email within 20 minutes.
- We can also provide a CAD drawing service enable the utilities to be added to other CAD reports and providing an overview of the site showing all the utilities alone.
- We can now also produce a smart. PDF from the CAD drawing that enables you to see an overview in .pdf and turn different utility layers on and off.
- We have worked with most of the main Highways contractors including Kier and Amey.
- We can provide a service where utility searches are refreshed on a regular basis to ensure there are no delays to unplanned or emergency works.
What Does a C2 Search Cover?
- This is the most comprehensive search available covering all the main utilities, Cable, Independent utilities and Highways specific searched.
- We cover projects of any size.
Why Use Cornerstone?
- Speed is of the essence to ensure there are NO delays to your projects.
- The way we process our searches, there will be no one quicker than us.
- We provide the fastest search possible and will not entice you with promises of more expensive, faster searches when they are simply NOT achievable.
- We offer an additional “Instant Access plans” service where we will share individual plans as they come in.
- For high volume users, we even offer a GIS mapping library for managing and posting searches to improve access for your employees when in the field.
Easy to Use
The key to the success is the speed and efficiency of reporting and making sure that the right information is given to the right person in the correct format.
- Our online ordering system allows quotes and orders to be processed within minutes
- The system is secure and has fail-safe checks to ensure the right search location is covered.
We understand that keeping costs to a minimum is extremely important.
- Our fees start at £60.00+Vat plus disbursements for a road length up to 250m (£115.00+VAT if you include CAD)
- All disbursements are charged at cost (we are transparent in our pricing and only make our margin from our fees).
- For statutory undertakers (or those working on their behalf), we may be able to request plans for free with the appropriate letters of authority.
- Comparing the cost of outsourcing to us vs. the resource required in-house may surprise you!