Keep construction workers safe with utility searches from the experts…
Before starting on any kind of construction work, we ask that you Dial Before You Dig.
One of our main priorities here at Cornerstone Projects is to keep everyone safe, and the main way of doing this is by providing accurate utility plans that clearly show where any potentially dangerous underground utilities are buried.
By dialling before you dig, you are not only keeping yourself safe but everyone in the surrounding area safe as well. Damage to underground utilities can have fatal consequences, so it is so important that you dial before you dig and know exactly where you can safely work.
In order to find out the location of any buried utilities, you would usually have to contact the relevant company to retrieve this information. But when there are multiple utilities involved, this can prove to be a very time consuming task.
Here at Cornerstone Projects, we know that your time is valuable, so we offer a single point of contact for all utility enquiries. We have built relationships with these companies over many years, and this allows us to complete full utility searches in a quick and cost effective manner.
Save both time and money on your utility searches by going through Cornerstone Projects.
We provide a cost effective service for anyone needing to locate buried utilities such as electricity cables, gas pipes, water mains, sewers etc. This may be necessary at the acquisition, feasibility, design or construction phase of a project…
We collate information from all the relevant utility companies on your behalf and compile a pack of information and plans for each site.
With our utility searches you will enjoy:
- Free 24/7 instant quotes
- 24/7 online ordering
- UK’s most comprehensive online utilities search
- Fast response times
- Professional pdf search reports
- 30-day payments on account
- Free telephone support
- Prices from £58+vat
Our fee for this starts at £58.00 + VAT + disbursements per utility – we will confirm the cost with you by email before proceeding.
The disbursements per search are typically £30 – £270 in total depending on the site location and your search requirements – the actual costs will be confirmed to you by email as soon as we process the enquiry.
Searches over a large area (typically more than 200m x 200m) are not covered by our basic charge – we will confirm costs for these with you prior to proceeding with any searches.
We may be able to offer an express expedited service – this will usually result in plans being issued to you in less than 1 working day. We charge an additional £7.50 + VAT for this service; there is also usually an increase in the charges levied by the relevant utility companies which you will be advised of in our enquiry confirmation email.
Please note that we are not always able to offer this service depending on which area the enquiry is in – if we are unable to we will again confirm this in the enquiry confirmation email. If this option is required please submit enquiries before 3.30pm.
How it works
We offer a full online solution that will take you less than 5 minutes to request a utility search.
Simply register/login and provide the following information to place an order or receive a FREE quotation.
Provide your site location details
The website will allow you to double check you have the right location using Streetmap.
You have the option to attach a plan showing the marked area you wish to search.
Choose the search options you wish
- Our basic search includes issuing plans as hard copies and .pdf files and this search covers gas, electric, water, sewer, BT and oil/gas pipelines.
- There are further options for a more comprehensive search including searches for IU’s (Independent Utilities) and cable/fibre companies
- We also offer a FREE search to determine whether your site may be affected by historical mine workings. If it is, you will have the opportunity to purchase a Consultant’s report produced by the Coal Authority. Find out more about the FREE search here.
- You can though opt for a tailor-made search.
- We also offer additional services such as utility connections quotes, disconnections/diversions quotes, capacity checks and Section 50 applications that you may wish to add to your order.
- There are various help and information pages on the website form as well as cost details to choose which services are appropriate.
Choose your payment options
- Payments options are credit and debit card as well as 30 day “on account” payments.
- By completing and submitting the above, you will be provided with an estimated price on screen and the confirmed price will be emailed to you within 30 minutes.
- If you have requested a quote only, we will wait for your approval before proceeding. On approval, we commence your search the very same working day.